Jack

Jack
Jack Sparrowe, trail companion Jan 2012

Friday, April 13, 2012

April 13... First Electrolytes

Jack had his first electrolyte panel yesterday, and it came back dead on normal:
Na 149
K 4.3
Ratio: 35
Chlorides 113
Bicarbonate 20.
The vet made a point of telling me to keep him on the "same dose of prednisone", which he'd set at 10mg/day.
Which I think is too much.

Jack is returning to his former happy, yet still skittish self.  His strength is improving, as he did a couple of perfect "dances" (on his hind legs) in the vet's lobby to the delight of the staff yesterday.  He's starting to pull out ahead of me on walks again (which I do discourage, but it's heartening).
I'm thinking of taking him up to Carson Pass this Sunday for his introduction to snow with David and Max, if the weather looks good.
I'm trying to keep him entertained during the work day with a kong full of cookies.  So far, so good, he hasn't eaten anything wierd.. that.. I ...know..of....
Shoot.  Just as I was typing that, he chewed up a pack of post-it notes.  Aarrrrr.....

No comments:

Post a Comment