Jack

Jack
Jack Sparrowe, trail companion Jan 2012

Monday, November 4, 2013

Close Call

October 21 was Jack's regular DOCP injection day, at Day 28.
The day began with Jack being a little tired, or sleepy.. I didn't really take much notice.
We went through our usual morning ritual: We greet each other by the back door with wags and pets, then I open the door, and Jack goes out on the porch.  He then turns around and sits down.
I sit down with him, and we have more pets.  Often, he'll finish this little ritual by putting his front feet up on my shoulder (body rubs!) and he'll kiss me on the nose, spin around and run around the corner to do his usual morning ablutions.
As usual I got his breakfast at this point, probably about 5:00am.
I left him out there with his breakfast and went to the garage to practice guitar a bit.
Soon, Sue Ann came down and told me that Jack hadn't touched his breakfast!
He was up in his crate, and we knew this was a sign of an impending crash.
I gave him his DOCP injection immediately, and in a couple of hours, he was right back to normal.
I think we're going to do his electrolytes this month, and see if it tells us anything.
It's odd, because I've missed his injection once by several days, and it didn't seem to make any difference to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment